How can I see long file names on Windows CD under Solaris ?

I've got a windows CD which has long file names. If I stick it in the CD drive of my Blade 2000, so it mounts automatically, but only with 8.3 filenames visible.

With a SunPCi hard fitting in the Sun, it sees the full names correctly.

I've created some ISO file systems, using:

mkisofs -J -joliet-long -R -o mycd.iso some_directory

(NB, these options are:
-joliet-long Allow Joliet file names to be 103 Unicode characters
-J, -joliet Generate Joliet directory information
-R, -rock Generate Rock Ridge directory information
-o FILE, -output FILE Set output file name
)

If I then mount that with lofiadm, or write it to a CD, only short (8.3) files names are seen in Solaris. If I stick the CD in a Windows PC, so the full length file names are seen.

Any idea how I can view this (and change file names) under Solaris?

  • Re: Solaris Beginner
    ... Is it possible to access data on a solaris server from ... Windows machine can access that without any additional software ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: FTC Complaint filed
    ... I am playing around with Solaris and zones, and attempting to run the DOS/Win3.1,'95/98/98SE apps, each in it's own zone if needed, using WINE. ... There's nothing wrong with COBOL but there are a lot of alternatives better suited for quick-and-dirty programming on the PC. ... I have long said, in my opinion and pre-Vista, that Windows 95 was the best OS Microsoft ever made. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Re: Solaris Beginner
    ... Is it possible to access data from a Solaris Server on Windows XP machine? ... You have a number of possibilities, SAMBA and Solaris SMB ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: Solaris Beginner
    ... Is it possible to access data from a Solaris Server on Windows XP machine? ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: Solaris Beginner
    ... Solaris box would have to be a SAMBA share would it not? ... SAMBA running on solaris will offer windows style "shares" ... software would be required to access data on the Server from a Windows ...
    (Pen-Test)