Re: trying to use Font Server on Solaris 10

On Jan 26, 6:42 pm, ddun...@xxxxxxxx (Darren Dunham) wrote:
John S. <fishin...@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
xset fp= tcp/solaris1/:7100
xset: bad font path element (#38), possible causes are:
Directory does not exist or has wrong permissions
Directory missing fonts.dir
Incorrect font server address or syntax

Don't need the second '/'

# xset fp= tcp/server:7100
# xset fp= tcp/server/:7100
xset: bad font path element (#37), possible causes are:
Directory does not exist or has wrong permissions
Directory missing fonts.dir
Incorrect font server address or syntax

If that doesn't work, any messages from the font server?

--
Darren

No messages on the font server....

On a remote server I can do:

fslsfonts -server solaris1:7100

and it returns the list of fonts... so it appears to be working just
fine.

When I do the xset it still errors... What's interesting is if I do a
snoop and run the xset command, it never even tries to talk to the
font server... ????

just to verify here's the command: xset fp= tcp/solaris1:7100
I have also tried using the IP address... no luck.

kind of stumped on this one...