Re: dhcpagent + ipfilter := delayed loss of IP functionality?

Richard B. Gilbert <rgilbert88@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Do you really NEED ipfilter? My router, by default, will not allow any
incoming packet to pass unless it is a response to outgoing traffic.

Pretty much anyone using Solaris in any form of server role isn't going to
find that feasible.

--
Brandon Hume - hume -> BOFH.Ca, http://WWW.BOFH.Ca/

  • Re: Force a page to refresh after submitting a form.
    ... correct and useful response to a question here. ... his own posts and never actually stops to help anybody else. ... Take a look one comp.unix.solaris and you will see I often contribute there - I know more about Solaris than web development. ... All questions on here recently by me have been aimed at some PHP code I am writing to access Mathematica via the web. ...
    (uk.net.web.authoring)

  • ... I get the following error on printing in solaris 10 machine. ... Printing stopped with exit code 1. ... Your response will be highly appreciated. ... system manager/sender. ...
    (SunManagers)
  • SUMMARY: Add lpr printers in Solaris 10
    ... Thanks to Matthew Stier for a quick response. ... only difference is the version of Solaris 10. ... Remote Name: DP65 ...
    (SunManagers)
  • Re: A Classroom Exercise
    ... Thanks for your response. ... The key words to my post are "to learn more about Solaris 7". ... instructor said that the Solaris community is *helpful* and that we ... looking at the Certification book, I've looked on Sun's site, I've ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: 2&>1 on Solaris Question
    ... it's running solaris 8 or earlier, and your version of Perl is living ... > attempting to logon via ssh protocol version 1. ... > those IP addresses that are still listening on protocol version 1. ... > which is usually long enough to get some sort of response from the ...
    (comp.lang.perl)