Re: krtld: error during initial load/link phase

Hi,

Try adding "-G" to the command-line arguments.  It shouldn't try to boot
your zones.  This might be enough to get the global zone up and running,
and from there you can try to figure out how to repair the zones.

I've just try and for several patches is ok but for other... no. A
tipical example:

patchrm -G -R /a 140964-02
Validating patches...

Done!

Checking patches that you specified for removal.

Done!

Approved patches will be removed in this order:

140964-02

Checking installed patches...

Executing prebackout script...
Backing out patch 140964-02...

Pkgadd failed. See /var/tmp/140964-02.log.12325 for details

Patchrm is terminating.
WARNING: patchrm returned <7>
# cat /var/tmp/140964-02.log.12325
pkgadd: ERROR: The -G option (install packages in the global zone
only)
may not be used with package <SUNWzoner> because the package must be
installed in all zones.
pkgadd: ERROR: package <SUNWzoner> cannot be installed on this system/
zone

or:

patchrm -G -R /a 123406-02
Validating patches...

Done!

Checking patches that you specified for removal.

Done!

The following requested patches will not be removed because
some installed patches require them.

0 Patch 123406-02 is required by patch 140964-02, which is
installed on the system.

No patches to remove.

Several *hundred*, in that list.  Do you not remember what patches you
installed?  Did you install individual patches, or a patch cluster?

We use last pca script

http://www.par.univie.ac.at/solaris/pca/

  • Re: MS03-026 - are you patched? Windows Update isnt sure!
    ... registry checks to determine if a patch is installed on a given machine. ... Many patches install a registry key to indicate that they have been ...
    (NT-Bugtraq)
  • Re: This is Why Consoles are More Popular than PCs for Gaming
    ... Just remembering you needed that faithful floppy disk to install SATA ... > patch downloaded, well the patch took *forever* to install. ... You download patches every time? ... still have patches for games I have uninstalled on CD. ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action)
  • Re: Patch cluster 10_x86_Recommended fails at 119255-77 (thir one on list)
    ... The patch set will complete installation in this session. ... Application of patches finished: 2010.11.28 17:54:45 ... Aborting due to failure while applying patch 119255-77. ... Install log files written: ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: Patching Solaris 9 systems to "current"
    ... Would it be best/safest to get a support case with Sun and ask for the last recommended patch cluster, and just install that? ... The main thing I'm looking for is "safety", by which I mean minimizing the possibility of trashing any of these systems, since all of the people who were involved with the original deployment are apparently long gone:(. ... I'd *strongly* suggest that you make a backup of the system disk on each machine before applying ANY patches! ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: Oh no, MicroSoft Blew It Again...
    ... I didn't install it, but I'm on Vista and I think I have Auto-updates turned ... after just recently seeing the "patch in question" ... and FORCE a reboot, then I've just lost thousands of dollars - and maybe ... ZERO patches, and ZERO problems! ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)