about root gui shell solaris 11 express
- From: Harry Putnam <reader@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 10:22:54 -0500
I'm sure I will be told not to do this, but I do find it more
convenient to run as root for lots of things.
This is a home setup, solaris 11 express running on Vbox with win 7
(64bit) as host. I downloaded the vm appliance offered on oracle web
pages. The zones appliance.
I'll say too that none of my data is worth money, no commerce is
involved in my usage and no other (other than myself) people are going
to experience any problems from any screw ups I might make.
I've made root an account rather than a role with:
`rolemod -k type=normal root'
However I still cannot ssh into that vm as root. Or ssh to root when
on the machine as USER.
I've set /etc/ssh/sshd.config to allow root logins with:
But still ssh connections as root are rejected.
I'd like to be able to start an X session as root too. When I try
that, I get some ancient X desktop rather than the gnome desktop user
can log into.
- Prev by Date: script to detect changes in tapes in robot and run netbackup inventory when needed.
- Next by Date: Re: about root gui shell solaris 11 express
- Previous by thread: script to detect changes in tapes in robot and run netbackup inventory when needed.
- Next by thread: Re: about root gui shell solaris 11 express