Re: Solasi 11 licence

TN <tonynewstetson@xxxxxxxx> writes:
I have difficult to understand sol 11 11/11 licence politicaly.
Please help me ok?

The problem is,:
is it that ~1000 per Every year, for production use

Yes.

If you continue to use Solaris 11 in production, the license terms are

Production use of Oracle Solaris requires a support contract.

Ie. each machine running the software must be on contract, which is
$1000/socket/year (cheaper for a 5 socket system, but those aren't too
common in the x86 world)

If the machine isn't production, and is instead

"the purpose of developing, testing, prototyping and demonstrating
your applications, and not for any other purpose."

You can be on the OTN license for free, but with no support patches.

  • applying latest and greatest recommended 8 cluster
    ... been deploying servers into production over the past year with ... install the maintenance update 7. ... Solaris 8 2/02 s28s_u7wos_08a SPARC ...
    (SunManagers)
  • Re: sys_write() racy for multi-threaded append?
    ... Writing to a file from multiple processes is not usually the problem. ... if the implementation underlying vfs_write effectively ignores the pos ... Solaris is so not in the game for my kind of embedded work, ... during development, I don't want short writes in production, period. ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: Solasi 11 licence
    ... If you continue to use Solaris 11 in production, ... Production use of Oracle Solaris requires a support contract. ... Ie. each machine running the software must be on contract, ... "the purpose of developing, testing, prototyping and demonstrating ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • RE: make problem
    ... What version of Solaris? ... PL/SQL Release 9.2.0.2.0 - Production ... Please notify the sender ... This electronic message transmission is a PRIVATE communication which ...
    (perl.dbi.users)
  • Re: solaris 8 to solaris 10
    ... We are trying to upgrade our oracle database server which is running ... Oracle9i from Solaris 8 to Solaris 10, I will appraciate if any gurus ... you'll have all the little surprises ironed out and a migration procedure written down that you can follow when you've scheduled the downtime on production. ... Then use the old system as the test system once you cutover to the new hardware. ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)