"swap -s" and the amount of physical/virtual memory

Colleagues,

Sun/Oracle documentation says about "swap -s" :
"The used value plus the available value equals the total swap space on
the system, which includes a portion of physical memory and swap
devices (or files)."

I have 6G of physical RAM and 1G of swap areas on the system:
$ swap -l
swapfile dev swaplo blocks free
/dev/zvol/dsk/rpool/swap 181,2 8 2097144 2066984
$ prtconf | grep Memo
Memory size: 6142 Megabytes
$

However "swap -s" says that my used+available memory is only about 3G.
Where is all the other memory?

$ swap -s
total: 875968k bytes allocated + 48912k reserved = 924880k used, 2155876k available
$

I would expect the available virtual memory to be at least the sum
total of the physical RAM + physical swap, where am I wrong?

--
Victor Sudakov, VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN
2:5005/49@fidonet http://vas.tomsk.ru/