deploy puppet at OS install time

I'm looking at methods of deploying puppet, to our new-to-us Solaris 11 machines, at OS install time.

For Solaris 10, it would be easy. Just do some stuff in a finish script.
However, for Solaris 11, of course it's all fancy and complicated.
Only method I've read about so far, is the long-ol complicated;
Define a run-once "service"
write an SMF xml manifest for it
Point it at a script
Get the script into the OS image.... SomeHow???

Has anyone found out an easier method?
That method is so baroque, I may as well just tell the other site admins,
"go through the normal install, then reboot and run /net/servername/script.here"
Much easier than wading through the sysadmin-hostile service xml.

[Note to Oracle-ites.. it would be different if you provided a TOOL for adding hooks for run-once scripts, and bundling the script into installs somehow.
But you dont.
So... :( ]

  • Re: sunmanagers Digest, Vol 28, Issue 14
    ... I have an V65x server x86 base, how do I format this box? ... I inser a solaris 9 cd and boot up try to do stop a so I can boot from ... need script to measure system performance. ... Moving a disk from SPARC to x86 ...
    (SunManagers)
  • RE: Telnetd exploit for solaris
    ... Subject: Telnetd exploit for solaris ... > You owe script kiddies... ... The computer and software industries owe script kiddies NOTHING. ...
    (Vuln-Dev)
  • Re: Massive Memory Structures
    ... (Solaris on sparc, Solaris on x86_64) ... script, I get an out of memory error and the script dies. ... what options do I need to compile in to make this happen. ... It will create a 5g test file, ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • Re: syslog to send msg to last user in printer queue
    ... > Jetdirect software to configure the printer on a Solaris ... > of Solaris that deliver each print job to the printer. ... and the interface initializes the printer and then ... the HP interface script does more than initialize ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: syslog to send msg to last user in printer queue
    ... >Where boven1 is the printername in Solaris. ... of Solaris that deliver each print job to the printer. ... own printer interface script. ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)