announce grub-driven net install RFE
- From: Philip Brown <phil@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 15:48:31 -0700 (PDT)
It used to be, in solaris 10, that it was possible to write a custom grub menu entry, to boot off the network and do a net install.
Kinda-sorta the equivalent of sparc's "setenv network-boot-arguments".
Sadly, it does not seem possible to do this any more.
If you'd like to see them fix what they broke, and you have a support contract, please link the following RFE to your support contract:
RFE 7179625 : Solaris 11 can not do direct install without using PXE or DHCP. This worked in Solaris 10.
- Prev by Date: zrep new release (zfs replication and failover)
- Next by Date: Re: zrep new release (zfs replication and failover)
- Previous by thread: zrep new release (zfs replication and failover)
- Next by thread: cpu became slow after the server runing for a long time