solaris 11 installadm profiles, and sparc
- From: Philip Brown <phil@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 13:21:38 -0700 (PDT)
I've been playing with the new installer stuff in Solaris 11.
I'm very used to jumpstart. it seems there's kinda some gaps in the new stuff :(
my workflow has previously been:
1. Create a jumpstart profile, to layout disks,etc.
2. Create an entry in the "rules" file referencing the profile
3. Use WANBOOT. Which defines the hostname in the network-boot-arguments
This worked great.
However, in the "new world order", one is supposed to create base profiles using the sysconfig tool?
Which insists on setting the hostname in the profile.
If I want to recreate the above workflow, am I expected to hand-delete the hostname thingie from the xml output?
Or is there some "better way"?
- Prev by Date: Re: Read temperature via SNMP on a Sun Fire V240
- Next by Date: How to check if sun multipathing is been used on the server?
- Previous by thread: Read temperature via SNMP on a Sun Fire V240
- Next by thread: How to check if sun multipathing is been used on the server?