rsh - " permission denied"

Hi,
I am trying to do a rsh from system A to system B and from system B to
system A.
Both A & B are Tru65 v5.1.
When I do a rsh from system A to system B it goes through fine.
When I do a rsh from system B to system A it gives a permission denied
error.
I have checked the ~.rhost file on both the system.
In System A I have the entry of system B.
In System B I have the entry of system A.

When I put a + in the .rhost of system A I am able to do a rsh to
system A from system B.

What might go wrong or any pointers ?

Please help me regarding this.

Thanks
Mohan

  • RE: rsh still fails
    ... The interesting thing is that instead of creating an entry ... |> denied" when attempting rsh. ... | Globalstar Communications ... | employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, ...
    (SunManagers)
  • Unable to rsh from SOLARIS to AIX
    ... I have made entry in .rhosts file with '+' option. ... I am able to rsh from AIX to Solaris on same machine. ...
    (comp.unix.aix)
  • Re: rsh - " permission denied"
    ... I am trying to do a rsh from system A to system B and from system B to system A. Both A & B are Tru65 v5.1. ... When I do a rsh from system A to system B it goes through fine. ... I have checked the ~.rhost file on both the system. ... In System A I have the entry of system B. In System B I have the entry of system A. ...
    (comp.unix.tru64)
  • rsh & /etc/inetd.conf
    ... Is rsh always enabled by default in Solaris Boxes? ... the availability of rsh in a Solaris machine is according to ... the entry in /etc/inetd.conf. ...
    (comp.unix.shell)
  • rsh & /etc/inetd.conf
    ... Is rsh always enabled by default in Solaris Boxes? ... the availability of rsh in a Solaris machine is according to ... the entry in /etc/inetd.conf. ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)